85-Hour Online Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Registered Prenatal Yoga School: 85-hour Registered Prenatal Yoga TrainingEnroll in Course
Island Prenatal Yoga is a registered Prenatal Yoga School with Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to upgrade to a "RPYT" Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher via Yoga Alliance.
Get certified to teach Prenatal and Postnatal yoga, while learning how help and guide all women before, during and after pregnancy
- 5 Zoom meeting recordings (90 minutes each)
- 50 hour Prenatal & Postnatal Online Course- all pre-recorded to work through at your own pace
- PDF manual for each area (One for prenatal, one for postnatal, 100+ pages each)
- Voice recorded lessons & videos to enhance your learning
- Online Community for support and collaboration with fellow students
- Sample sequences, pranayamas and meditations for you to use in your own teaching
- How to safely teach Prenatal & Postnatal Women
- One-on-one support and feedback after each assignment submission
- Opportunity to upgrade to “RPYT- Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher” upon completion of the course as long as you complete everything before December 31, 2023.
Requirements for the 85 hour course *online*:
- Watch all Zoom meeting replays.
- **Meeting dates have already happened, you are required to watch the replays for the full 85-hour course
- Complete all assignments for the 50 hour course online (assignment questions, evaluation forms, 1 sample video of prenatal yoga). There are 50 questions for prenatal and 35 questions for postnatal that need to be submitted.
- 30 hours of practice teaching between now and December 31, 2023: you practice teaching prenatal yoga to get familiar with the new cues and teachings. Keep track of your hours because this needs to be uploaded to Yoga Alliance.
- 15 hours of observation (this can be done online, you can watch prenatal/postnatal videos on youtube and submit 1 evaluation forms for each class). 10 forms should be for prenatal yoga classes, the remaining 5 can be postnatal if you'd like.
- All work needs to be submitted by December 31, 2023
Thank you so much for a fabulous course Lauren. I absolutely loved learning with you and really loved the flexibility (life as a new mum isn’t easy) but I truly looked forward to our live calls each week. I loved the flexibility of the course. I now feel empowered and confident with so much knowledge on how to help all the mummas out there. Thank you so much, you are a fantastic teacher and you have a beautifully calm style that makes it a pleasure to be in your presence. -Claire, 85-hour student, September 2021
Reviews from our school on Yoga Alliance:
Hi! I’m Lauren the creator of Island Prenatal Yoga School! I created these courses to help yoga teachers and yoga practitioners be able to enjoy and safely teach pre and postnatal students! I remember the first time I had a pregnant student in a group class and how scared I felt, and I never want you to feel that way! This course will teach you everything you need to know about teaching prenatal and postnatal students, whether you're doing it for your own personal knowledge, or maybe you're pregnant yourself, or you want to be able to reach more students- I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any additional questions about the courses!
StartTrimester 1 Lecture (33:42)
StartTrimester 1 Quiz & Questions
StartTrimester 2 Lecture (28:16)
StartTrimester 2 Quiz & Questions
StartTrimester 3 Lecture (25:37)
StartTrimester 3 Quiz & Questions
StartRound ligament pain, Pelvic Girdle Pain, Back Pain & Labor Prep (15:08)
StartTeaching classes with all 3 trimesters (7:08)
StartThe 4th Trimester (4:30)